The Pari Center was created 20 years ago by the late F. David Peat and Maureen Doolan as congenial location where people can think, learn, meet together, all the while enjoying the surrounding environment and helping the local community.
The legacy of Gentle Action
Today, Pari Center is a peaceful haven offering a place to pause and reflect on the important things around us. It connects people who feel a special connection to Pari—to its community living a traditional rural life and continuing the work of David Peat with people across the world and in the local community.
Pari Center works with people, organizations, and entrepreneurs, along with the people of Pari to provide an experience that helps foster the interconnectedness of nature, people and cultures. It offers the perfect location and facilities for those who are looking for a more holistic way of living, working and/or doing business.
“Gentle action can lead to miracle outcomes.”
Who we are today
We are group of people who feel a special connection to Pari—to its community living a traditional rural life and continuing the work of David Peat. Inspired by David Bohm’s ideas about quantum physics, philosophy and his approach to dialogue, we are open to people from across the world who share our interests and wish to connect with the local community.
Through our network, we aim to create a network of people and associations working together as a network.
Here in Pari, our international Network and the village people come together:
- to tell our stories
- to share knowledge and learn from each other
- to ask questions—questions open a door; questions create energy
- to talk on a human, personal level—not simply to indulge in abstract ideas
- to be part of an ongoing conversation across disciplines and cultures
- to encourage creativity that lies in revisiting the past and renewing and recreating for the present and future
- to develop new ways of living, working and organizing that contribute to social justice, ecological integrity and improved quality of life for all
We believe that all participants in the Pari Networks bring something of great value. All are worthy of respect. All contribute. If you or your group are seeking new challenges and directions, if you wish to explore new ways of being, if you are eager to be part of a like-minded community and form new relationships and partnerships, then we invite you to join us, the Pari Networks, an oasis of hope in a turbulent world.